Sunday, October 30, 2011

C4K #5-#8


#5

Smiley FaceTiffany is a 5 year old student in Room 3 who is in We are Kids with a View.  On Tiffany's page, she has games and pictures about what she is learning in her classroom. I commented and said, "Hello Tiffany, My name is Ashley Cohen.  I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at The University of South Alabama in the United States.  I enjoyed viewing your page.  I loved how you had the games on what you were learning in class.  I played the Alien punctuation game, and it was fun.  It is good that you are in only 5 years old and learning how to half and double numbers, read with punctuation, and correct sentences using punctuation.  By the way, the United States is 13 hrs behind you all in time. :) I enjoyed viewing your page. Keep up the good work, Tiffany!"

#6
LadyBugs
Assigned
Jayden is in Mrs. Gregory's 7th grade period 4 class.  Jaydn wrote on her post about why are insects attracted to pollen.  She did a great job describing how and why the pollen is attracted by insects.  Maybe he is learning about pollen and insects.  I commented and said, "Jadyn!, I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama..I loved your post! I liked how you thoroughly explained the process of how and why insects are attracted to pollen!! You actually refreshed my memory on insects and pollen!. Good job!  Keep up the good work. Be sure to check out my blog!"
Random

Hurt Foot
Breanna is also in Mrs. Gregory's class.  Breanna's blog post was about how she had a horrible day.  She and her friend had decided to build a fort.  As they were getting the cinder blocks to build the fort, her friend dropped the cinder block on her toe.  She stated, it was hurting very badly until her step mom put ice on it to make it feel better.  And now, her foot feels so much better.  In her conclusion, she says she wants for people to comment and tell her about their bad day.  I commented and said,"Hey Breanna!  My name is Ashley Cohen.  I am currently enrolled in EDM310 with Dr. Strange at the University of South Alabama.  I used the random picker to read your blog.  I'm sorry to hear about you hurting your foot, but I'm glad to know that you're doing better! I've had a horrible day before.  Me and my sister we're playing basketball with my brother, and she pushed me to get the ball. When she pushed me, I fell on a trampoline leg, and it went inside of the bottom of my jaw.  I HAD TO HAVE STITCHES! That was when I was in 5th grade though. But I'm better now! :) I enjoyed reading your blog! Keep up the good work! Be sure to check out my blog!"


#7
Jarrod is a member of 2KM and 2KJ at Leopold PS in Leopold, Australia.  On his blog post, he showed the different ways he used many websites on the internet to create many multimedia things.  Jarrod created jazz music,made a presentation with music, and also taped a recording of him talking with his brother's picture.  On his brother's picture, he made the mouth to move as if he were really talking.  I commented on Jarrod's blog post and said,"Hello Jarrod!
I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama.  I enjoyed reading your blog post and watching your multimedia presentations that you created using websites.  I never knew you could do all that on the internet!! I will be sure to make me a few when I get a chance!! It was also fun listening to your Jazz music you created! Keep up the good work! Be sure to check out my blog! "


#8

Gravity Letters

Mrs. Barks class is a fourth grade class in Auckland, NZ.  On this blog post, it was about the questions they wanted answered about gravity.  They had a 3:52 video explaining the many questions they had about gravity in space.  I commented and said,"Hello Mrs. Barks!
My name is Ashley Cohen, and I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama.  I can say, I loved this video, because I would have never known this is how they eat and use the restroom in space! It's quite interesting.  I would love to visit space to see what more they do to try and maintain with the gravity levels.  I enjoyed the post! Thanks for posting it. It educated me more on gravity in space. :) Thanks!"



#9
This post was by a student who talked about how their teachers sometimes gives them assignments with no limitations.  The student says this is a different learning style that some student enjoy because it allows them to be very creative.  I commented and said,"Hello. My name is Ashley Cohen.  I am student in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama.  I enjoyed reading your post.  I think that it is a good idea that your teacher allows you a great range in doing your assignment.  Sometimes when students are limited to their creativity, they tend to either no the the assignment or not fulfill it correctly.  Sometimes not giving instructions is a good idea because it gives students a time to be creative with no limitations.  Great post! Enjoyed reading this! Glad to hear about teachers like this! :)"

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley!
    You did a great job with your post and I enjoyed reading it. Just a couple of little things to keep in mind but nothing personal, just helping you out. You should have put a link in the first part of your blog post so others could access the blogs you commented on. The C4K assignments are my favorite and I would love to have been able access them. Also, since we are future educators, watch the all capital letters when you post your comments. I love the personality you have for your blog "wallpaper". Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sara!
    Thanks for the input! I didn't put the links to the first few blogs, because I didn't save them. However, I did put it on the last one when I remembered. The all caps situation, I didn't type it like that. Once I copied it and pasted it, it would not change back to any other font. So I had no choice but to leave it like that. All those this you stated, I had already checked but couldn't change. Thanks for the input though!

    ReplyDelete