Saturday, October 8, 2011

C4T #2

Future Exit Sign


Leaders Building the Future
In this post, Mr. Will Richardson uses explains how there are 5 ways we direct our students into the future.  However, he didn't talk about it from an educational standpoint.  He explained it from a business standpoint, but they do work the same respectively.  The five points that Mr. Will Richardson expounded on were master unlearning, augment expertise, pilot, invest, and experiment, reward learning and cooperation, and know your aspiration.  I enjoyed reading this post, because it actually gives you a guideline on what a teacher should consist of to make the classroom a better environment.  I also liked how he talked about from a business standpoint, but stated it could be used for education as well.  
I commented on Mr. Richardson's post and stated that I was a student in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. I enjoyed reading his post.  I also said when I first started reading his post I thought it had to do with business so how  in the world does it have to do with education?. When I kept reading, I realized that it has alot to do with education.  I thanked him for his post because it opened my eyes to realizing there is room for error in the classroom. Enjoyed your post!


Woman Looking in Mirror


No Quick Fix
This post by Mr. Will Richardson is about how when teachers get in the classroom, they always wonder how can they change the school system.  Richardson believes that teachers shouldn't worry about how to change the school but change themselves first.  He states that it's not the school system changing but it is the teachers themselves that must change in the classroom setting that changes things.  
I commented and stated that I enjoy reading his post.  I also agreed that change must first start individually.  If the change starts individually, then most of the changes that the school systems are trying to make wouldn't need to be made.  It also inspired me to when I become a teacher to not always look at the school system, but to check myself before blaming the school system. Enjoyed his post!

1 comment:

  1. I like the message of the No Quick Fix post. Don't forget to proofread!

    ReplyDelete