Sunday, November 6, 2011

C4T #3

Baby Steps

Baby Steps
This post was about a woman named Ellen Graber who lives in Mexico who is explains her experience with trying to introduce technology and promote blogging skills in her country.  She has tried teacher training classes, all the way up to writing classes.  All she got was mainly rejection and resistance.  She realized that she could not change the school immediately.  So with her knowing that, she took a "baby steps" approach to the technology issue.  I enjoyed reading this post because it made me realize that not all countries accept technology and embrace it.  
I commented and said, "Hello my name is Ashley Cohen.  I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama.  I was assigned to read you blog posts.  Now that i've read it, I was glad he assigned me to you.  Overall, great post! I enjoyed reading it, because you made me realize not all countries embrace technology like others.  I like the fact of you taking the initiative to try and implement technology heavily in the school system.  I really like the way you're implementing it by taking "baby steps".  Great job.  And you know they do say you can't change over night, it takes time.  Job well done! Enjoyed reading the post! :)"

Effective Professional Learning (again)....
This post was about the #elemchat session on Twitter.  In this post, the behind the scenes information was discussed on how the session is directed.  I enjoyed reading this blog post, because it showed me that not all the work is done upfront and there is some behind the scenes work.  I enjoyed reading this post and will try to incorporate #elemchat in my Twitter use.  I commented and said,"Hello. My name is Ashley Cohen.  I am in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama, and I was assigned to read your blog post.  I enjoyed reading this posts.  While I was reading this, it was all new to me.  I loved reading about what happens behind the scenes! It really informed me about what goes on behind the real picture.  I never knew this session went on on Twitter! Thanks for the useful information.. No doubt, I will tune in when I am able. Great post! Thanks alot!"

1 comment:

  1. Hello Ashley,

    I had to click on the link to the Mexico post, and I'm glad I did. It's amazing to think about not having easy access to the Internet in a society like ours. I really hope those "wee baby steps" amount to a giant leap forward some day.

    ReplyDelete