Sunday, September 18, 2011

Blog Post #4

Podcast Icon

The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom

This video gives information about podcasting.  It gives benefits on how podcasts are in the classroom.  Podcasting allows for differentiation throughout the classroom.  Lectures can be recorded, or students can record for assignments.  Podcasts allow students to use and show their higher level thinking skills.  Podcasts also provides students with relevant information on the go.  Not only do they help the students and the teachers, but they also inform the parents on what their child is accomplishing and learning in class.

I enjoyed watching this video, because it made me realize podcasting is a very essential tool that can be used in every classroom.  Podcasting allows students to actually enjoy and participate in class.  It also allows the student to involve themselves in classes that they are not mentally strong in or they they just do not like.  It also removes the barrier for creativity.  In the future, I would make podcasting a part of my classroom, because not only it involves my students, but also involves the parents as well.

Eagle Nest Radio & Class Blog

I listened to the 3rd graders as they presented facts about sharks.  This was very interesting.  I actually enjoyed listening to them.  The way they incorporated the music was a great way to make it more creative.  Although this was a podcast created by third graders, it taught me and gave me good ideas to incorporate in my podcast.  One thing that they did was pronounced their words well and pronounced them with great emphasis.  I could also hear more emotion in their voice.  Meaning, it didn't sound like they were just reading from note cards.  It was as if they actually knew this information and was trying to inform many others on shark facts.  When that was done, it made the podcast more effective.  It made me actually want to watch it.  By the time it was over, I enjoyed it and I learned a great amount about sharks as well.


100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better

Dancing iPodAs I read the 100 ways to use your iPod to learn and study  better, I was so amazed.  This is because, I have an iPhone 4 which can do all of these things.  Although many people think iPod's are only for music, it can be very essential for learning and studying for challenging classes.  Podcasts would be a number one help.  They help explain different concepts in ways that professors do not or can not.  Considering I may struggle in a few classes throughout my college years, some of those podcasts and apps would help me tremendously to improve my grades.

3 comments:

  1. Thorough. Your comments indicate these helped prepare you for your podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashley! I enjoyed reading your post. I agree that podcasting has an excellent place in the classroom and that it will be great to involve parents as well.

    My one suggestion would be to perhaps combine some of your shorter sentences into compound and complex sentences to make your paragraphs flow more effectively.

    Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete